Location: Greenville, SC
Position Posted: March 10, 2017
Who We Are: Founded in 2008, Engenius is a Greenville-based digital marketing agency specializing in using digital campaigns to lead to strong results that drive revenue and sales. We believe that all marketing campaigns should measure return on investment and that an agency should be invested in long-term measurable results for its clients. We utilize websites, search optimization, ads, and content in a coordinated way to accomplish these goals. Engenius strives to be a market leader in the rapidly evolving digital marketing sector. We believe in constant learning, problem solving, and peer education. It is that desire to learn that enables us to educate our clients and the community; we believe that an educated marketplace is a better marketplace. Bringing success to our clients is paramount – though equally as important is the healthy of our culture and our commitment to making our community a better place. Our values guide us to do great work and also have a team-based culture.Our flagship Engenius Grants program is just one of the ways we build-up our community, which extends to paid time for volunteering and team-wide volunteer experiences.
Whom We Seek: The Account Executive will be an enthusiastic, ambitious, self-starter who embraces the vision and core values of Engenius through daily interactions with clients and team members. This person will use their knowledge of client management and their affinity for relationship-building to meet the evolving demands of Engenius’ top-tier clients. In addition to generating creative and sustainable systems for managing a large book of clients, this person will have the ability to work independently, think quickly to resolve issues, and see new initiatives through to completion.
The Account Executive will manage client files and contact information using our existing CRM software and work with a support ticketing system to properly direct clients’ technical requests. Success in this role includes a thorough understanding of the agency’s services and clearly communicating to clients how these services add value to their business. Client retention, client satisfaction, and growth of client accounts will be the primary metrics by which this person’s performance is measured. The position will report to Rachel Testa, Director of Accounts.
A Typical Week in This Role: An ordinary week in this role might include some of these activities:
- Reviewing campaign progress with a client to analyze digital marketing ROI and the client’s strategic business objectives.
- Scoping out a potential digital marketing campaign alongside a content strategist.
- Planning lunch & learn workshops with the goal of increasing clients’ web marketing knowledge.
- Leading the content team in developing a segmented email campaign from Engenius to clients.
- Contributing memes and sharing new music via the Engenius team Slack channel.
- Leading monthly and quarterly campaign review meetings with key client accounts.
- Reviewing content for a client project and providing feedback to a copywriter.
- Updating the Accounts team weekly on client’s statuses and needs.
- Racing to answer the weekly trivia in the Monday morning staff meeting.
- Sending an interesting article to a client that answers a specific question they’ve had recently.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2-5 years marketing agency or customer service experience
- Account management experience preferred
- Strong references from previous employers
- Professional written and verbal communication skills
- Networking experience
- Experience with Google Apps
- A team-focused mindset
- Strong listening skills
- HubSpot CRM experience a plus
How to Apply: Engenius offers competitive benefits, including health care coverage and vacation leave. A full benefits package will be reviewed during the interview process, though we are happy to provide more information upon request. Our interview process is extensive, typically involving up to four discussions with members of our team. We believe it is important to thoroughly evaluate a candidate’s skills and fit with our culture, as well as allow plenty of opportunities for a candidate to evaluate our culture and expectations. This process moves quickly, though is important to ensure a mutual fit. To apply, please visit this link to answer a few preliminary questions and provide a cover letter and your resume, which are required to apply for this role. When writing your cover letter, please write it specifically for this position at our company. Use it to tell us why your skills and experience make you the best candidate for this position. Also tell us why you would be the best person to join our team. We look forward to getting to know you.